Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 rear spolier

john adams

Hi all,

A question for all 964 owners - at what speed does the rear spoiler on your car come up? Mine does at 57 mph.

I seem to remember reading the original press reports and the figure of 37 mph sticks in my mind (50 kph), in that one journalist thought this was an absolute giveaway to the traffic cops...

I could off course remove myself from the sofa and look this up in the owners manual, but I seem to be welded on !

Does anyone have the answer?

Cheers

John.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63940

Sorry - the point to this question is I think my spolier should be coming up at a lower speed...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63941

That sounds about right when it goes up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63945

Up at 50mph, down at 7mph.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63947

if you still wanna know...i have a 1991 C2 964 and the manual says 80odd kph or 50-57mph. then down at around 7mph . The important thing is that it goes up...appart from helping the rear end stay on the ground at speed it also vents the engine and prevents overheating.

i'm all very new to this having only owned the lady for 4 days!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117517

Glynmun,

Welcome to the forum. It is customary to post pictures of your pride and joy, although we will let you off until spring when you can get some sun reflecting off polished metal shots.

Daz one of our admins will be happy, another owner in South Wales.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117522

It'd be great to see daz on the road. I haven't passed any porkers yet apart from the occasional Boxster!

I'v only just sold a celica...mistakenly thought it was quick...gosh for a pretty looking car the 964 is fast!

I'll stick a pick on when i've washed it and when the flippin sun comes out (if it ever will properly).

Using the car every day until i can afford a cheap run around!

Got to get the badly made demister working...freezing my hairy clock weights off at the mo!

G

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117736

I used a antimist wipe on the inside of my windows and it has worked amazingly. I got it free with some magazine. I hadn't even thought about whether it was working or not untill I noticed one of my side winows was all misted up where I had not wiped!

Okay in extreme circumstances it still mists up, but it's 75% better than it was.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117753

Welcome Glyn,

Drive it everyday like its supposed to be! Be it rain, snow or sunshine! Luckily for me the drivers side demists great, the passenger side doesnt though but im not too bothered. Think i will look into some of that anti-mist wipe things....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117956

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back