Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats that switch for

Slightly off topic but reminds me of something I was reading about Alan Sugars AMSTRAD the other day.In the 80's they sold music centres with a noise reduction button that wasnt actually wired to anything!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63939

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ian_uk on 19 June 2006
Stu.

I am 99% sure it is used to disable the ultrasonic interior sensors on the alarm thereby allowing you to alarm the car with say windows left open or sunroof left open.

Ian.
Your 100% right thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63988

Stu

I have that switch but havent tested it yet. You know where the ultrasonic sensors are placed in the cabin? My car is booked in on Friday to have a Cat 1 Alarm/immobiliser fitted (for Insurance purposes) even though the Porsche alarm seems adequate. They say they may have to remove the current alarm depending on setup or to leave it in place. Not sure what the out come would be by doing that though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64132

Stu.I am 99% sure it is used to disable the ultrasonic interior sensors on the alarm thereby allowing you to alarm the car with say windows left open or sunroof left open.Ian.

Your 100% right thanks

Mine has this too. I also thought it was the sensor switch but it doesn't make a blind bit off difference. If I leave my windows slightly open the alarm goes off regardless!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64200

You may not have the original alarm still fitted. Quite a lot of 964s seem to have had replacement alarms in the 90s so you may just have a disconnected switch left now.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64205

Ian, you are right I have a new alarm. The fitter probably didn't connect it up to the disable switch, grrr!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64211

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back