Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996C4S Cleaning Radiators

Tiptronic

Banned
Cleaned around the rads tonight, before it goes for its inspection next week, trying to make sure it is covered under wtty.

I have to say that there was a vast amount of rubbish trapped in there, mostly leaves, and the only way to get it out, was a stick and the hover nozzle,

I can see why the cores can rot, very bad design, and no where for the crap to go, and damn difficult to see in there, let alone clean.

I would recomend all 996 owners clean in there once a month.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62599

Cheers mate, I will get out there and clean mine. I don't think mine are as exposed as on the C4S though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62615

Thanks Daz, I'll take a look at this.

Had a good go with a stick at scraping the crap from under the rear arches yesterday. Really needed a shovel !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62622

Isn't there a similar problem with the air con condensors, leaves getting all trapped and then rotting. Am sure there is a picture in this months 911&PW.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62623

see this is an instance where those who have small children can find them quite useful.. :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62648

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 June 2006

see this is an instance where those who have small children can find them quite useful.. :p
Hmm, small child, stick, Porsche 911. What could possibly go wrong??? :eek: :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62651

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 June 2006

Sorry no dice, tried my youngest and arms not long enough, and also I had

"DADDY I DONT LIKE IT, ITS SLIMEY"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62655

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back