Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant Levels

coolant. . . . . .oh yea! better keep an eye on that

Migration info. Legacy thread was 83983

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 23 October 2006

coolant. . . . . .oh yea! better keep an eye on that
Yes... That would be a good idea ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 83988

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 23 October 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gary Jones on 22 October 2006[quote:0tYR8MtjNK="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:0tYR8MtjNK]Originally posted by Sid Spanner on 29 May 2006 use porsche coolant from opc or vw coolant not any old stuff from halfords the current coolant we are using is red/pink in colour.keep an eye on the level constant loss of coolant may mean a leak from the rads ,hoses or header tank

So does the red/pink just mean any G12 coolant/antifreeze will do e.g. Mobil advanced ? :?

That's what I'm using as it's Porsche approved. I must find out whether it's the cap that's leaking or something more serious :([/i:0tYR8MtjNK]

[/quote]

How much do you get through?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84531

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gary Jones on 24 October 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 23 October 2006[quote:CSEQQrSg9D="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:CSEQQrSg9D]Originally posted by Gary Jones on 22 October 2006[quote:CSEQQrSg9D="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:CSEQQrSg9D]Originally posted by Sid Spanner on 29 May 2006 use porsche coolant from opc or vw coolant not any old stuff from halfords the current coolant we are using is red/pink in colour.keep an eye on the level constant loss of coolant may mean a leak from the rads ,hoses or header tank

So does the red/pink just mean any G12 coolant/antifreeze will do e.g. Mobil advanced ? :?

That's what I'm using as it's Porsche approved. I must find out whether it's the cap that's leaking or something more serious :([/i:CSEQQrSg9D]
[/quote]

How much do you get through?
[/quote]

Hi Gary, not a great deal actually. Probably only about 1/2 litre every couple of weeks, no visible signs of leakage. I think it's evaporating through a dodgy cap as I'm sure it would be more noticable if I've got a split hose, holed radiator etc.

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84703

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back