Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fuel gauge 996 C4S

Firstly thanks for the awnsers re the fuel gauge, if it is how it is, then it isnt worth thinking about.

Second,
With regards being fit, I train approx 5 times a week, running between 6 -10k each time, and then diffrent excersises.

If I could give up beer/choclate/crisps then I would now be down to 12 stone.

However I would probably have hung myself from boredom.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60447

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 22 May 2006

If I could give up beer/choclate/crisps then I would now be down to 12 stone.However I would probably have hung myself from boredom.Daz
Couldn't agree more - can't find the time to do 5 times a week though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60459

I go lunchtime, and then work on into the evenings, however I have a little office in the house, which I can dissapear into on the lap top and get my work done.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60461

"Beer/Chocolate/Crisps".....sounds a revolting combination! They're much nicer eaten independently of each other!

Marc
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60614

Which they mostly are, however not in moderation unfortunatelly. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60616

I only do exercise so i can drink beer, eat choc etc. God knows what i would be like if i didn't.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60620

Fat!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60623

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 23 May 2006

Fat!
FatTER! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60624

We all deal with these things in different ways. I do very little exercise, but have a very veggie based diet.

I think something in the middle would be ideal ... but I just hate exercise so much!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60626

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 23 May 2006

We all deal with these things in different ways. I do very little exercise, but have a very veggie based diet.

I think something in the middle would be ideal ... but I just hate exercise so much!
I think a balanced diet is the key and after many years of experimenting I have found the perfect one

Right hand - two pints of cider Left hand - Large Doner kebab and chips

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60733

I can see that it does everything for you that running doesnt :wink:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60735

4wd 996`s have a saddle bag type of fuel tank because of the front diff and is split into two sections around the bottom of the tank where it is shaped around the diff.the fuel sender float will only lift from above this section and give a reading therefore from empty you have to fill the tank with enough fuel to give a reading usually about £30 worth of fuel for the gauge to register.as the level drops the amount of fuel left in the tank when the level reaches the split section is calculated by the instrument cluster according to the load,speed distance travelled and the reading is sent to the gauge until it is empty .so the fuel level below the split section is not the sender level measurement but the calculated level but is very accurate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60740

Very interesting,

Thanks Sid,

Nice to see the name change :wink:

daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60743

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back