Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel corrosion

The Poet

Trainee
Guys

another one I know I've seen before but can't remember the result :?

One of my wheel centres has got some corrosion showing on it. I'm sure someone mentioned that this is definately not covered under extended warranty. So I guess a new one is my best bet?

There is also a tiny bit of corrosion on the wheel (whitey blemish right next to the wheel centre - probably 2-3mm sq. so tiny but annoying... Do I have to get this professionally refurbed? Will the corrosion spread?

any help much appreciated

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59104

996 Targa, carerra 18" (but the shiny ones not the matt ones)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59117

check the wheel with the OPC, the wheel is possibly covered, however the wheel centre is definately not.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59118

What centres have you got? I have a set of the silver with black shield and one 996 coloured centre. I recently changed to a set of 997 coloured ones.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59160

996 coloured - ask a stupid question what on earth is the difference between 996 and 997 centres! I thought Porsche were always critised for not changing things enough

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59166

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The Poet on 15 May 2006

996 coloured - ask a stupid question what on earth is the difference between 996 and 997 centres! I thought Porsche were always critised for not changing things enough
The badge is bigger on the 997 ones - I think.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59170

997 coloured ones are like the 996 black ones - no circular indent and a bigger shield.

Buy me a pint and you can have the 996 centre, though you'll have to glue the shield back in as it fell off in my lounge!!!!! I've even got a friend/colleague who lives in Bedford so you can pick it up quite easily.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59173

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The Poet on 15 May 2006

996 Targa, carerra 18" (but the shiny ones not the matt ones)
that chrome stuff does peel off !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59175

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 May 2006check the wheel with the OPC, the wheel is possibly covered, however the wheel centre is definately not.
Daz
Wouldn't think the wheel is covered ask the GT3RS boys & their red or blue wheels :wink:
Yet another congenital defect.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 59191

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back