Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa Roof Squeaks

mwhwsmith

A quick question . . .

I know the Targa roof squeaks - but how much? I have had a couple of test drives at dealers and the cars seemed not to squeak at all (although I suspect they put silicon in the joints to temporarily lose the noise). I saw a car today but found the roof relatively noisey (albeit on bumpy roads).

So how much do they squeak and do they all do it?

Many thanks

M

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57408

993 or 996 ?

and mine doesn't or has ever squeaked......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57412

Thats because yours is bolted down for extra rigidity for track days! :)

Mine rattles.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57419

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 06 May 2006

Thats because yours is bolted down for extra rigidity for track days! :)
Mine rattles.
aye, that will do it LOL!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57425

Mine rattles too but then the state of the roads round here doesn't help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57440

Its a 996. How much does it rattle though. Is it only on B roads or A roads as well?

- M

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57442

It rattles on all of the pi$$ poor roads in SE London. Difficult to say "how much" it rattles, that is a matter of opinion and how much you perceive to be acceptable. You just get used to it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57443

Perhaps my question should have been does the rattling get worse or just stay the same. I'm looking at an '02 car and was wondering if it is likely to rattle more in the future or stay similar.

Subjective question I know but would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks

M

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57446

On mine, some days it's worse than others. Sometimes I even get some movement in the rear hatch. The car makes its own mind up what is going to rattle on any given day - I guess that's what they call character :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57451

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back