Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 owners - Advice

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 21 April 2006

Rob, I fancy doing one soon, I have a palmersport motorsensation day at Bedford with Prudential on 12th May, will get to use their new 911 JP3's, basically 911's with GT3 kits on, stripped out, race suspension etc.So no more full Bedford days, there are a few half days at £99 in the next few months, I also fancy Donnington!I'll have a look at Easy/Gold tracks sites.Thats a worry re the cup cars!Stu
I heard that the JP3 cars are Tiptronics! :(
Migration info. Legacy thread was 54854

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 21 April 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 21 April 2006

Rob, I fancy doing one soon, I have a palmersport motorsensation day at Bedford with Prudential on 12th May, will get to use their new 911 JP3's, basically 911's with GT3 kits on, stripped out, race suspension etc.So no more full Bedford days, there are a few half days at £99 in the next few months, I also fancy Donnington!I'll have a look at Easy/Gold tracks sites.Thats a worry re the cup cars!Stu
I heard that the JP3 cars are Tiptronics! :(
Thats because you cant over Rev 2 with a tip and therefore they dont invalidate the warranty. Incidentally, in finding this out, I asked my OPC if they would check the ECU as I was renewing the warranty, before he knew it was tip, he was very snotty and claimed that no way would they refuse warranty if a car had been tracked ??

He also said that Peter and Wendy were both well and toodles was on good form since he'd found his marbles :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54862

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 21 April 2006

actually porsche are using the 7th modified RMS seal

the reason gt3's and turbos dont have the RMS issue is the crank case on them is based on the 993 turbo crankcase which was based on the 964 turbo

Porsche have only designed 3 GT3 RMS's, the newest one comes with a crankcase breather system and is also supposed to be worth an extra 5/8hp.. it comes from development on the GT3 cupcars. Also it cannot be used on the GT2 or TT these are unable to use the new breather system!!

Dont ask me why!!

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54889

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 21 April 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 21 April 2006Rob, I fancy doing one soon, I have a palmersport motorsensation day at Bedford with Prudential on 12th May, will get to use their new 911 JP3's, basically 911's with GT3 kits on, stripped out, race suspension etc.

So no more full Bedford days, there are a few half days at £99 in the next few months, I also fancy Donnington!

I'll have a look at Easy/Gold tracks sites.

Thats a worry re the cup cars!

Stu
I heard that the JP3 cars are Tiptronics!  :(

i bloody hope not!, i will be extremely miffed if so. I can't actually believe that they will be though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54914

feck, arse, ballacks and sh*te!

what is the world coming to? Just checked the palmersport site and they are bloody tips! whats that about!

I will be mostly complaining!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54915

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back