Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More Battery Wowes

Andy Francis

Like a few people here I am having battery troubles at the moment on my 996.

For the last few days it has been too flat to turn over in the morning. It will accept a jump start and runs fine but is not re-charging enough to re-start. I charged the battery overnight (12 hours) and had a decent reading on the guage this morning (around 15), but having taken only a short journey to work with no lights, Heated window or CD player on the go it had already lost its charge within 1 hr of getting to work.

Belts seem tight enough - when squeeze tested by hand??

The fluid level in the battery is below the top of metal elements, but as there is no fill level on the Porsche Battery I don't know if this is correct???? :?

If the Battery is dead, can anyone recomend a suitable replacement of 80a plus for a 996? I believe the Bosch Silver is a good replacement for a 993, but not sure about 996???

Any help would be greatly recieved!!!

Thanks

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54449

Andy, JZM and JAZ both recommended a Bosch Silver for my 996.

The part no. I was given was Bosch Silver Top battery part No: 574012068 . i think this may be slightly out of date, but should help pinpointing what you need.

A problem with Porsche batteries is once they get below 10V they can get knackered and won't hold charge properly there after.

HTH

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54456

i'm not sure if they're the same parts but

Eurocarparts list batteries on their site for 911's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54460

Sorted!

Thank you for the replies - I picked up a Silver Top Bosch this afternoon, so hopefully that will be that?!

I'll try and top up the water in the Porsche OE battery and see if it holds the charge any better - something tells me it will be good to have a spare!

Cheers

Andy

Shameless Link to Goodwood Accommodation

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54548

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back