Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

missfire

vincent white

my car has just started to feel lumpy on tickover and also seems to miss when you are holding the revs up around 5,000 and on a few occasions after pulling away from stop it would not rev over 3k anyone got any ideas it is booked in to the dealer in 10 days time just hope i dont get another huge bill

the car is a 2003 996 c4s

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53006

Take it to a good indie close by - it should be a straight forward fix. Could be something as simple as a ignition lead breaking down. Whatever you do, don't drive the car until it's fixed though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53007

Thanks for the advice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53009

just collected the car from opc but they said they have pluggged it in and there are no problems who knows maybe it is me

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54770

I had similar problems on my two previous Nissan Skylines, missfire at high revs.

Cause was failing spark plug. You should get it looked at (again) as this missing could cause more damage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54829

if the miss doesn't log a fault in the engine management then they won't find anything.

I would have thought the engine check light would come on if the fault was logged as a missfire.

My 98 c2, had a missfire and the check light came on, but then went off, the fault was still logged though.

maybe using a rolling road would help identify it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55111

coil tower or air mass sensor take it to a opc centre and they will plug the pewis tester on the car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56313

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sid malik on 29 April 2006

coil tower or air mass sensor take it to a opc centre and they will plug the pewis tester on the car
see that you finally got around to registering :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56792

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 02 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Sounds like abuse of Moderator's privilages or DPA violation - unless you already know Sid :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56794

it's back they said there was no fault showing but you know your car it seems to be ticking over lumpy but bournemourh opc told me this is correct and i think it is holding back after 5000 rpm. It has been in again since for the loss of oil pressure which was a crank shaft seal repaired under warranty but i think they only replaced it as they had the gear box out a few weeks before to replace the fly wheel and clutch and more than likely caused the damage

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56822

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 02 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Sounds like abuse of Moderator's privilages or DPA violation - unless you already know Sid :eek:

Stu, though you went to last Autumn's curry nite?? Sid was there so you know him too. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56824

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 02 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

:|

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56945

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back