Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Faults OPC Service

pleased your feeling a bit better Daz, I was getting worried taking about taking my 993 to Northway and getting a bill.. but have been quoted £245.00 for the service, and they will let me know what I need to sort my 'Clonk' out from the front end !!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55433

IMO I think they have fed you a load of b****hit. One fine hot summers day your rads are going to leak that much coolant that that you will cook your engine before you can say OPC Cardiff. Obviously a corrossion problem with the material that Porsche & OPC's are aware of but have been told not to submit it as warranty.

Another fine day your steering barrel will totally collapse, probably in the middle of rush hour traffic.

Biggest laugh - they don't have welding kit at OPC's any more because of Insurance, HSE, Fire regs, etc.

Flywheel high spot - could have been machined out but only proper garages have a machine shop these days insted of a valeting bay.

And you offered the Servile Manager a tip :p

Do me a favour Daz get real.

I was going to buy a 90K car of these guys, glad I didn't :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55467

I wish that the rads were covered, however they are not, I cant blame the SManager for that, he moved heaven and earth today to get the car ready, and for that I am greatful,

I have made my feelings clear re what should be covered, and there is now way I am paying an OPC £800 to replace rads, when I can get it done for £400 by an indie, so if I have been fed BS, which is possible, at least I now have an opportunity to get it done somewhere else.

Having spoken to a couple of the boys on here today by phone, I feel that I took the appropriate action, however time will tell, however you would have to be quite daft to ignore your temp gauge, which is there for this type of problem, more likley that the low level would come on before I overheated.

Though I agree that Porsche are in danger of shooting themselves in the foot.

what do you drive then Hog?

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55473

what do you drive then Hog?

Well, it was going to be a C4S, then a 997 TT but as I have not kiss ars*d an OPC enough my best build slot for either is now February 2007 at earliest - that's after being told in December that you can have one in 6 weeks 'Sir'.

Don't worry Daz 'cos I need to get real too as they are the ones with my deposit earning interest. So been looking at 996 Turbo S old men' cars.

Meanwhile I am driving a Mitsubishi Trojan amongst other French and Jap tin tops. All hypothetical anyway 'cos looks like I will be away in frozen 54o NorthLand on the LNG quest for most of what passes as summer in God's Country [Cornwall].

Perhaps you should have a new trailer - '996 long may your rads & RMS leak' :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55478

Daz - I do get that they did right by you in the end, but that is not the point. You went in to have some things fixed and others fitted and they didn't do it. Vote with your feet - and don't give them any more business - it's the only way they will learn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55496

Interesting posts,

I`m new to Porsche ownership, I run a Merc as a second car. I have owned various Nissans(350z and GTR`s) and Merc`s(AMG) and have to say that dealing with OPC East London has been easily the best dealer I have come across.

I guess the message here is to pay for out of service maintainence at an Indie and use OPC`s to maintain the "stamp in the Book". Unfortunately it costs loads to keep those showrooms nice and shiny

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55506

Very interesting posts.

Glad you're happy Daz.

Have my C4S in for 4yr major sevice on monday. I have been advised of all the scheduled work that needs doing, e.g. plugs, drive belt etc. But, what else should i be wary of if they 'make recommendations'?

I have heard they they more than likely will recommend new pads and disks? What do i look for on my current brakes to tell if i am being BSed? I will obv not fall for the rad thing now as i too have to top up coolant periodically and have never seen temp rise much above 80...

anything else guys? want to go in to the service armed with the benefit of your knowledge! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55526

Hi F1,

I would only change disks/pads either if the disks are warped/very badly worn with a lip or the pads worn, if you are driving the car every day why bother, and you just as well have an indie do it, for the price diffrence.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55529

As has been said VERY INTERESTING POSTS INDEED!! I'm not sure whether my faith has been restored or not!!

Mine will be off to PCT who I have spoken to in the past and rate/like but when it comes back it'll go into my freinds workshop to be checked over. Kinda sad I even have to think about doing this!

He was telling me about hus father in laws Range Rover that was in Guy Salmon for a £700 service. He then had it on the ramps and was amazed as they really hadn't touched it or done anything to it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55555

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back