Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windows and roof opening for no reason...

Ray Egan

Hi, I have a 911 4S.....3 weeks old. From time to time the convertible roof and windows open for no reason, also the boonet clicks open while I'm driving, last night when I walked up to the car, the roof started to open....I wasn't even in the car and no key in the ignition. needless to say the garage has never heard of it.....Has anyone had this problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52086

Wellcome Ray. It sounds like it's haunted. I wonder what an OPC would charge for an exorcism :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52088

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 03 April 2006
Wellcome Ray. It sounds like it's haunted. I wonder what an OPC would charge for an exorcism :twisted:

Dunnoe, but it won't be covered under warranty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52091

The mother-in-law had a problem where the bonnet opened on it's own - generally when slowing to a stop. Seem to remember it was an electrical fault. I will ask her what the problem ended up as being! Sorry not to be more help

I take it the roof doesn't open at high speeds?

On a more general note - they get 3 chances to fix it. Once these are passed you are entitled to ask for your money back on a brand new car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52099

Cheers, that's interesting to know....only happens when I'm getting into the car for some reason.....same with the bonnet. When it first started happening with the bonnet, I thought I was simply hitting the button on the key ring but requires a definite press to get it to release....

Where did you get the information on getting 3 chances to fix a problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52232

thats a strange problem ! daft question but have you had your mobile phone on you ? maybe the radio waves are interfering?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52344

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ray Egan on 04 April 2006

Cheers, that's interesting to know....only happens when I'm getting into the car for some reason.....same with the bonnet. When it first started happening with the bonnet, I thought I was simply hitting the button on the key ring but requires a definite press to get it to release....Where did you get the information on getting 3 chances to fix a problem?
Will PM you an email I have from trading standards regarding problems with my Nissan 350Z.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52352

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back