Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche recall S and 4S 996

911Silverback

Nurburgring
Just read this in March edition of GT Purely Porshe...

Porsche is recalling 18,627 911 Carrera S and 4S models, due to a fault with the exhaust system.The problem centres around the use of inadequate welding on the seems between the fastening clamp and tailpipe on the silencer of cars built between April 20 2004 and October 21 2005. Faulty seems will cause the exhaust to develope a rattling sound, and if left untreated the possibilty of the tail pipes falling off. If you own a car built between these dates your local OPC should be in contact to sort out t the 25min repair.

Daz didnt you say you had a rattle issue like this on your 4S fella???

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51899

Yes,

checked on this recall with the OPC, and they told me that my ext wtty didnt cover it, however it is only a £60job to weld a repair. Best to do it during the next service, which the way I am racking the miles up will be quite soon.

Thanks for your concern though Rob.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51903

But its an official recall so how can they charge you for it??

Ring another OPC mate see what they say!!

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51910

Cos my car is January 2003 car, falls outside the recall dates.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51911

Think you will find the recall just affects the 997 s,built up to december 2005.Had my exhaust tips replaced last week.99.9% sure the 996 is not affected.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51924

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back