Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

which extras

richardofengland

Nurburgring
hi all, still searching and thought here's a question i have not asked before.

which extras are thes best in value / image when weighing up a 99/2000/2001 model C2/C4 coupe max 30k GBP

Was thinking from image point of view:

clear lenses, decent wheels, silver colour, ss exhaust ? but what about the motor

itself. Thanks richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51574

996C2

2000, manual, black leather, speaker upgrade, sunroof, sports exhaust, GT3 body kit.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51575

i quite like black as well, but does the zymol do a good job as black paintwork on most cars looks a lot less nice with the sun shining on it rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51576

Forget the items you can fit yourself (clear lenses etc) you can easily do those anytime. 18"wheels, PSM, PCM, sports seats and spports exhaust are all extras that appeal to people when you go to sell it on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51580

PCM and (switchable) PSE are the most attractive options when selling on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51616

In respect of PCM - which will be PCM1 on that year, I would'nt worry too much. It was superceded in the 2003 model with PCM2. Get a good aftermarket product which will appease potential future buyers just as much

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51675

whats PCM?

PSM is Porsche Stability Management.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52213

Porsche Communication Management I believe (Sat Nav)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52219

How do you know if you have PCM1 or PCM2? I am collectiing a C4S (First reg May 03) next week and it has PCM.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54755

Hi All

going to see 2000 C4 shortly.

if a car was serviced by porsche then had an independent can you still get a OP warranty if you pay for the check etc

please reply soon thanks richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54786

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 20 April 2006

Hi All

going to see 2000 C4 shortly.

if a car was serviced by porsche then had an independent can you still get a OP warranty if you pay for the check etc

please reply soon thanks richard
As long as it has covered less than 125K miles (or it might be 90K).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54794

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jeff Bowen on 20 April 2006

How do you know if you have PCM1 or PCM2? I am collectiing a C4S (First reg May 03) next week and it has PCM.

you have PCM2 the MK1 996 has PCM1

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54820

have seen a C4 coupe , silver, black int. low miles 2000 x - reg, body very few marks at all. no pcm

what would be a fair private going price for this sort of reg as parkers / what car are in my mind too high (not just because I am buying).

rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55012

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back