Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MAF and air leaks

the fault was initially picked up using the system tester.

I've book the car in with JZM on the 11th April, the guy sounded honest and he also suggested it could be a lambda sensor.

JZMs labour rate is £55 compared to £90 odd at the OPC, i'll let them figure it out and sort it all out. Can't wait to pick it up all finished.

It'll also be good to gauge the service levels of JZM compared to the OPCs.

My other problem with the car, the supposedly leaking cam seals (not dripping any oil on the floor), JZM was surprised about this, he meantioned that it could just be the green caps on the front. I have no idea what he's talking about, do you? I had a look over the weekend and couldn't see anything, no idea how you manage to see the side of the engine when looking from the back of the car, can't get my massive head in the little gap ;-) Porsche technicians must have small heads ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51034

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Lee Bollom on 27 March 2006

Porsche technicians must have small heads ;-)
surely they must all have massive Tefal style domes to contain all that knowledge.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51036

it wont be the green caps - they cover the end of the cams (just plastic seals) they dont tend to leak - i guarantee you it will be coming out of the bolts. its very common

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51043

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back