Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 wheels need refurbing

Lee Bollom

Hello all,

who's had this done? where? how much? did they do a good job?

I've had wheels refurbed before but interested to know where you've had them done since i'm not sure if the place i used will do 2 piece splits.

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48854

I had the GT3 wheels (genuine 2 piece) a few porsche's ago, and I was quoted something silly like £200 a wheel to refurb, because apparentley they have diamond cut edges.

Dont even ask me what that means.

Good luck,

DAz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48855

Just had mine done. Well I went to Jasmine Porschalink in Lancs and used the part exchange system. Lovely set of GT3 wheels that had been split,diamond cut, re-assembled with new rim bolts. Cost me £733 all in but I had 20 new wheel bolts at £4 a pop as mine were rusty. They kept my old GT3 wheels. Or you can send them your wheels and have them done for £140 a wheel plus VAT. Not cheap but they do a proper job. Mine are like the new ones in the OPC. And by using the P/Ex system you are not wheelless for 2 or 3 weeks. Give them a call. Fantastic service.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48858

thanks

i'll let you know how i get on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48900

Hi all,

Interested in this discussion as I've been thinking about having my 17" cups refurbed this summer. However, having looked on the web it appears i can get a refurbed (used) set of 4 for not much more than the price of having my own wheels done. Having seen some of the other discussions about a spare set of wheels/ tyres for trackdays thought this might be a better idea. Would appreciate your views...also recommendations/ prices for good refurb places. Bob.B

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48973

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back