Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Indicators Perm On!?

harps

Hi Peeps,

please help, Got out of car after driving to work this morning, and one of my colleagues tells me I have left the lights on. I go to check and see the passenger side indicators are permanantly on? Indicators not working, when arming the alarm they flash? Relay?

Anyone.

Harps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48252

How strange, went back to have a look to see if maybe indicator stalk is stuck or hazard relay etc... Everything is fine.. Weird!!.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48261

Dont know much about electrics, however its quite wet today, possibly some water causing a short somewhere?

I dont know where the relay is for the indicators, however my Sunroof used to jam open, and I used to go to the box under the bonnett, and give the Sunroof relay a tap and hey presto it worked again, I wonder if your relay is in the same place?

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48263

Sorry Doc.. that would be to easy!....

The Car is 1994 - 993 Cab Carrera Trip S - RHD.

Cheers Daz.. Could well me moisture somewhere..

Thanks

Harps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48311

Must surely be a relay fault if its affecting all the indicators on the pass. side, i.e. front, side repeater, rear.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48314

Yep... The indicator stalk was in the normal position and the light on the dash was stuck on to say indicating left, but not flashing.. and as rob says all passenger side lights where on.. I tried indicating right and the dash light turned of for the right. I expect all the indicator lights where on externally....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48315

hmm - the only thing i can think of is a dodgy ind stalk - if you have parking lights then possibly that would explain why they were on too - the indicators should not be battery live fed but only switched on with the ignition - however the hazzards do have permanent live. i'll see if i can get hold of a wiring diagram - also what alarm system do you have because that could be faulty - could you check under your passenger seat to see if there is water under it please?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48332

Dr,

Its a standard Porsche Alarm & Immob as fitted when manufactured as far as i know.. I will check for water under passenger seat on the way home...

//H

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48346

Hello again doc..

I drove home with the passenger indicators lights on all the way, :-(.

No water under the passenger seat. How ever when I got home I reset the alarm by depressing the alarm sender/fob for a few seconds this seemed cleared it... ;-)

So pointing towards the Alarm?

//H

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48370

is it PA100 or 1000? - what does it say on the key fob also do you have a seperate immobiliser key?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48371

Hi, I have no idea what model it is..

The Key Fob has 1 round button in the middle and a green led. Yes there is a seperate immobiliser key and all it says on that is porsche immobiliser.

Looking at Documentation in wallet it looks like this is the original alarm when vehicle was manufactured, some literature but nothing to advise on model or type.

//H

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48378

hmm - that sounds like an after market alarm. could be the issue me thinks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48768

Thanks Doc..

Seems to be fine at the moment.. But will keep it in mind if problem persists...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48846

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back