Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noise from rear wheels?

James S

Wondering if anyone could help me out? Went for a long and "spirited" drive on Sunday, really put the car through it's paces in mid Wales - great day out. After about an hour of particularly hard driving we stopped for lunch. When I got back in the car I pulled away with the window down and heard a noise from the back of the car that was in time with the wheels turning - kind of like when you get something caught in your wheel. This is exactly what I assumed it was as the noise increased in frequency as the wheels rotated more quickly. It has a metallic light scraping sound to it and seems to be coming from the rear of the car - not just one partiular rear wheel though? I ignored it all the way home and the car seemed fine yet this morning it is still there? Now the cars got a full warranty so I'm not too worried but wondered if anyone has any ideas before I call my OPC. Thanks all

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47937

Small stone stuck in rear pads? Had that many times on different cars. Especially easy to pick up in gravelled pub car parks!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47938

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back