Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Interior - are they all bad?

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 06 March 2006

Ahh but its worth it :lol:
BTW, I am doing an experiment to see what I can acheive over 100 miles mpg, If I drive like an Angel :oops:
So far done 10 miles and on 28.5 mpg.Very light foot,however havent done any long journeys yet, anybody fancy a sweepstake on the results, should know by wednesday.I am bidding I can do 33 mpg.Honesty and big boy rules apply, I will not tell fibs,Daz :wink:

just started you another thread to save hijacking this one :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47961

Oh yeah forgot the creaks from the dash, when it's cold...and the 'twangs' from the suspension on full lock.....and the noise from the LSD....and the engine that sounds like a tin of nails when cold starting.....oh and the difficult gearbox when cold.....really does sound like a heap of junk, doesn't it!! :eek:

I dont get the dash creaks, do have the tyre jumps on full lock, no LSD noise, engine sounds great even from cold, gearbox is fine from cold...I would get yours looked at... :)

Do get an annoying hissing in my right ear when screen defrost is on though, which is rubbish anyway... :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48012

And theres the noisy Air Con compressor, which seems prevalant in each of the three 911's I have owned.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by decompressing on 06 March 2006

<SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();

get one with all leather trim (i.e. dash also in leather)....looks fine..

Marc
I thought this was standard on all UK spec 996s ...

BTW I love the interior on my car. I was used to an SC before though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48030

I second Jay T, i think my interior is luuuurvly....think C4S comes with quite a high spec though.

Also i have no squeaks or creaks at all.... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48033

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by steve cutler on 07 March 2006

Oh yeah forgot the creaks from the dash, when it's cold...and the 'twangs' from the suspension on full lock.....and the noise from the LSD....and the engine that sounds like a tin of nails when cold starting.....oh and the difficult gearbox when cold.....really does sound like a heap of junk, doesn't it!! :eek:

I dont get the dash creaks, do have the tyre jumps on full lock, no LSD noise, engine sounds great even from cold, gearbox is fine from cold...I would get yours looked at... :)

Do get an annoying hissing in my right ear when screen defrost is on though, which is rubbish anyway... :)

The noises are all part of the GT3 experience! Less sound insulation so you notice it more. I'm assured sounding like a tin of nails on starting from cold is normal for GT3's, only last a few secs, function of the different engine. The LSD noise is also normal. Not sure if there is a LSD option on any of the normal Carrera's. Forgot to mention the exhaust can sound like it's blowing too. Again normal.

Was out with someone once & they said "i think it needs a service by the sound of it", followed by "you mean it's supposed to sound like that, why?"

Oh & the gearbox is like silk when warm & moving :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48038

postamble();
get one with all leather trim (i.e. dash also in leather)....looks fine..

Marc

I thought this was standard on all UK spec 996s ...

Actually, no....standard leather as far as seats are concerned for UK spec cars on 996, but not ALL leather interior....(dash included)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48221

aye.. a black interior makes an intrior look good...

any light colour on the inside, shows up all the imperfections....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48233

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 08 March 2006

aye.. a black interior makes an intrior look good...

any light colour on the inside, shows up all the imperfections....
Very true - it has taken two pints of conditioner to get mine looking good again!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48312

Previous poster said:
Quote: Very true - it has taken two pints of conditioner to get mine looking good again!

You're not drinking the stuf are you? :D :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48413

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Fellows on 09 March 2006

Very true - it has taken two pints of conditioner to get mine looking good again!

have you not seen the advert where you can just wash and go ! no need to take two bottles in !

I'll get my coat :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48420

Sorry for being so green to this forum but I am collecting my 1st Porsche, a 996, its cheap so I have a few issues with the front seats that need refurbing or replacing, new vent required on the right hand side of the dash and as I recall from when I viewed it at least 1 of the centre console buttons had most of the symbol rubbed off, so I need some contacts for used parts/salvage yards etc, neeed a set of books and toolkit too!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50936

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back