Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello / 997 Search

Hello - first post!

Have had a couple of 996s before. Have been trying to decide whether to look for a 996 turbo or 997 C2S...now inclined to go for a 997 as it will be a new interior from what I have had before.

Obviously Porsche dealers are a bit of a no no given they work to such a large margin (v say BMW) so inflate prices unnecessrily. Anyone recommend any independents or brokers else I'll look privately?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47215

Hi Tim

IMHO, given the relative 'newness' of the 997, it wont have filtered down to most indys yet apart from the likes of Autobahn and Paragon etc. As they are closer to OPC than the majority of Indys, the prices will be similar so private will almost certainly be the best way to go, as you'll pay more than they will offer trade to current holders of 997 models.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47218

Tim, Lash at Autobahn was very helpful indeed when I was thinking of moving back to the UK a while ago. Talk to him. Trip from Arjun motors is very nice indeed. Great guy and the best pricing in the UK!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47269

Lash is the best damn car salesman I have ever met.
:D :D :D

Really nice guy, I would wish to add my recomnedations re Lash.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47270

Thanks for the info. I'll start a-looking and let you know. Will try Lash first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47274

Thanks for that...blimey they are cheap...a 997 C2 for £43,500! Massive saving. Have not been a fan of left hookers as they are difficult to sell and I do a lot of driving in London where being on the wrong side doesn't help. But still something to think on if private sellers are trying to be as greedy as main dealers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47288

Had same ideas as you. Just bought a 997S privately via Pistonheads for 6K less than a OPC . Autobahn were similar money as an OPC. Had an OPC do a pre-sales inspection for £140 and no problems, the car is like new.

Just keep looking and you'll find one privately for the right spec and right money. My car is still worth what I paid for it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47311

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Riseborough on 28 February 2006

Thanks for that...blimey they are cheap...a 997 C2 for £43,500! Massive saving. Have not been a fan of left hookers as they are difficult to sell and I do a lot of driving in London where being on the wrong side doesn't help. But still something to think on if private sellers are trying to be as greedy as main dealers!

I drive a LHD, and really you will have ZERO problems personnally if I was in that market I wouldnt think twice, Id really go for LHD straight off and I dont think resale is a biig issue, you can sell it to me in a couple of years!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47312

Martyn - I'll keep that in mind!

Michael B - if it was recent I think I might know the car you found! Good price! I have just started looking there too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47324

Tim, your other option is to look for a one year old 997 as there are starting to be a few on the market

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47335

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 28 February 2006

Tim, your other option is to look for a one year old 997 as there are starting to be a few on the market
Thanks...I think that's the way I am going at the moment.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47339

Hi Michael Birch

Glad to hear you managed to find a car - I bet you haven't stopped smiling since picking it up !

I have tucked mine up and running round in a boxster s - I am 90% sure I have managed to sell it – unfortunately I am getting cold feet (while waiting for the guy to collect) as I feel I probably ended up giving it away too cheaply
L

Tim I have PM’ed you some basic info on my car to give you a guide to what is out there at what price.

From my experience of watching the market, used private cars are available at between £5k to £8k less than from the OPC – I found the likes of Autobahn to be about £3k cheaper than the OPC.

The 997’s like the Cayenne have been absolute deprecation disaster machines – as a guide a bought my Boxster S (2001) for less than the cost of running my 997 C2s for 12 months (depreciation service and tyres only!)

Great 2
nd
buys – buy private and get a inspection for piece of mind! and then enjoy !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47360

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back