Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear spoiler

john brown

Hi, I'm unable to retract my rear spoiler on my 1995 911, carrera 4 993, this is with the ignition on of off, it will also not move using the manual switch,. this has just started after changing the battery for a new one, can anyone help?

PS i have checked the fuse and i't OK.

reagrds John.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46760

probably going to be the spoiler control unit , these can blow circuit boards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46822

Try this.... it could be the problem?

Happened to mine. It was the little micro-switch sticking in the spoiler, and bet yours is the same.

If you look under the spoiler on the left hand side, there is a semi-circular plastic cover held on by 2 or 3 screws. If you take that cover off, you'll see that there are two little switches that stop the spoiler at each end of its travel. On mine, the rear most one had stuck in, which stopped the spoiler lowering, as on yours. I just sprayed a little wd40 on it, and pressed it in and out a few times, and since that it works perfectly. With luck yours is the same simple fix?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46843

Hi Will,

Thanks for the information on the sticking micro-switch you were right, removed cover and gave them a spray with WD40 and managed to get them working again. Again thank you for replying to my problem, hopefully this will fix it.

PS I also have a BMW GS but it's the 1200, happy motoring John.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46932

Hi John.... it's a pleasure to be of help, and I'm glad it worked on your car too. Funny thing is, another 993 owner posted the same problem on www.porscheclubgbforum.com only last week, and I posted my possible solution for him too, and it also did the trick... so it seems it's a common problem perhaps... with a nice cheap solution.

993's are great, but nothing's better than a GS is it!?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46944

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back