Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Sports Exhaust

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Kennedy on 23 February 2006

Daz

I am hoping to make London on the 1st March so can chat then.

BTW Cost of SPE was £2k all in
Dave/Daz - thats pretty much what I was quoted by Tonbridge OPC - I'm trying to find an Indy who knows what he's doing with the wiring as it's the labour on that makes about a third of the cost. I'll be doing same once I've got shot of my American bumperettes

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46669

Previous poster said:

The only slightly annoying thing is that it gets a bit muted between 30 - 45 mph.

That's engineered into the system for drive by regulations. The switchable system goes silent between those speeds. Good news is that you can jumper the relay that controls the PSE and have it noisy all the time when the button is on and quiet all the time when off.

Search rennlist, there are some excellent FAQs and DIYs regarding this.

The 996 in the video above has the modified relay and is noisy all the time

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46685

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Rooke on 24 February 2006

Previous poster said:

The only slightly annoying thing is that it gets a bit muted between 30 - 45 mph.

That's engineered into the system for drive by regulations. The switchable system goes silent between those speeds. Good news is that you can jumper the relay that controls the PSE and have it noisy all the time when the button is on and quiet all the time when off.

Search rennlist, there are some excellent FAQs and DIYs regarding this.

The 996 in the video above has the modified relay and is noisy all the time
Thanks David I will look into that.

Has anyone done this to their PSE?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46774

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Rose on 24 February 2006

Previous poster said:
Righto .. whats the catch?!?! e-bay £250 OPC £1800-£2000 Oh god more confusion! :? :wink:

Must admit I would rather cough up £250 but is it a bargain or not???

The pics on ebay are just the mufflers, Daz is going for the complete Porsche system ..i think
icon107

IMO go for cat bypass's and sport mufflers a lot cheaper and really easy to change, along with a performance air filter Fab Speed reckon worth about 20 bhp on GT3 16-18 bhp- 996 13-17 bhp -993

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46818

Rob whats a cat baypass, sounds like a motorway for the feeline purrrrsaution.

No seriously, give me some prices and links to what you have seen, before I make a mistake.

daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46842

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back