Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 - C2 Tiptronic

Welford

Hoping you can help, I was thinking of buying my first 911 and have been offered a what seems a good personal lease option.

997 C2 Tiptronic (trying out a manual as well), 2 Year Contract, 40,000 miles, the Lease company wants to charge me 4,800 pounds for maint over the 2 year period, allowing for 2 services each at 20,000 miles, total of 800 pounds (guesstimate), do you think I will need 4,000 pounds of tyres in 40,000 miles ? 70% of my driving will be on Motorways, or am I missing something, will I need set/s of pad/discs in 40,000 miles for example.

Are there any specific options you would recommend, I can only afford the standard model, but the 997 seems to have a good basic spec. On colour, I like balsalt black but am worried that this could look very tired quickly with a big mileage, am I better going with silver ?

Finally, do you know if I can get a child seat in the back, I have spoken with 2 dealers and they tell me the preferred option is a child seat in the front and could they sell me one for 480 pounds, if I can't get a child in the back, I pretty much won't be able to have the car.

Thanks for any help.advice you can offer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46283

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back