Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S

Simon A

Went to drive a tipronic to see what it was like - the guys at 911 virgin were professional, polite and very helpful.............anyway, they had just collected a gorgeous fully loaded 996 C4S (less litronics).

Quite a reasonable price & an exhaust note to die for! Really wanted one of these, but at the time not many were below the £50k ceiling I had, but there are more on the market now, I was wondering what impact the new C4S will have on depreciation of the 996?

Daz, similar spec to yours?

http://911virgin.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46159

You didnt happen to see what the mileage was did you? or does Henry tape it over so's not to spoil the suprise?

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46169

Couldn't get the exact mileage...........2 different conversations gave me 20k or 30k miles (apologies - a bit vague). I know they are not keen on mileage as a factor for selling a car and tend to go on condition, and I have to say it was immaculate..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46170

I think the 996 C4S will always hold its value well vs other 996s because it has a very distinct style, like the 993S's.

Not sure the 997Ss are quite so exciting to look at somehow.

I think it is not so much the 997s that will jeopardise the residuals so much as the 996 Turbos which are getting v comparable in price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46171

I also wonder what the new C4S will do to the depreciation of my car.

I think it will be gradual, dont think the new C4S, is as nice as mine, reflector strip missing makes a big diffrence.

911 Virgin C4S, looks very nice and bar the exhaust I think the same spec and colour. Depending on milage price looks spot on.

The milage thing is a bit misleading with Henry, you add 50k miles and try and sell it back to him and see what he says about the milage reducing its value.

Dont think its fair to have it both ways, tell people its not important when they buy and thus not reduce the cars value accordingly and conversley telling those trying to sell him a car that the milage is a factor in reducing the value that he can give them on their car :?

FYI, my car is an 03, 52 reg with the PCM2 system, if this car is an 02, it may/probably is the PCM1 system which is a lot older looking and working

Having said that Virgin have an outstanding reputation in the trade, and very rarely here people moaning about their cars, I suggest that the reputation is hard earned.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46172

I was following a 997C4S yesterday around town, and I got to admit that she has one gorgeous ass. :wink:
MUCH nicer than the narrow bodied 'S'. Must admit, she looks a lot wider/more curvaceous than the 996C4S...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46177

wash your mouth out OC! :wink:

I know i am biased, but i actually managed to end up following both a 997 C4S and (very wet looking) 996 C4S on saturday.

No doubt the 997 a$$ looked very nice indeed, but i felt the curves were more pronounced on the 996. not sure how much the reflector strip played in this.

SA, the car at virign, looks v.nice, great spec and price not bad, perhaps on the high side if you look at whats available on autotrader...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46182

I am amazed that they let you drive the thing without actually buying the car. From Henry's recent posts on PHeads, he appears to be very anti test drives!

Re 997, had a good look at one yesterday, they are definitely better looking than the 996, some very good 993 lines to it.

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46197

I know I have one myself, but I just dont see it as better looking than either mine or a 993C4S,

Maybe I will pop in the OPC on the weekend and have a look, maybe diffrent colours have a diffrent appearance.

Do not snipe at the 996C4S :evil:

Tis the best looker of all :wink:

Period :oops:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/CIMG0395(1).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/CIMG0397(1).jpg

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46207

Got to say the C4S does look nice.............whichever model: "beauty is -

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/a(3).jpg

in the eye of the beholder" :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46210

Or maybe this angle will convince you.

Daz.
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Silverston%20small%20group.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46211

I have to say, the 996 is a looker...............and still turns my head.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46212

....prefer the red one behind to be honest...comes complete not only with cupholder in the dash, but also a drinks tray on the back...the bonnet was up by the way as I continued my quest to find out where the dam engine is. I know it's there somewhere cos it makes so much noise. I'll figure it out one day.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46216

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 20 February 2006

wash your mouth out OC! :wink:

I know i am biased, but i actually managed to end up following both a 997 C4S and (very wet looking) 996 C4S on saturday.

It could all go downhill from here real quickly... :eek: :D

Love those curves... all of 'em! I think the "C4S" in whatever genre is starting to make a bit of a rep for itself...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46219

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 20 February 2006

It could all go downhill from here real quickly... :eek: :D

downhill ? must be the winter olympics !

for looks....

Turbo Turbo Turbo

Turbo Turbo Turbo

Turbo Turbo Turbo

Turbo Turbo Turbo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46223

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage