Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 roll at the ring

So Sundeep care to confess your best lap time? :wink:

Did Sabine pass you in a van perchance?

I swing between really wanting to give it a go and thinking I'll crash and burn!

Maybe I should go and just see if Sabine wants a beer in a local bar!? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46220

Ok driving gods, what did he do wrong and what should he have done to correct it, as opposed to what he did, which looks like over correction? He didn't look as though he went into the corner any faster than some of the previous cars though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46222

Richard, forever the voice of reason,

What did he do wrong?

Getting out of bed that morning springs to mind :wink:

Looking at the footage he eased off to much and the momentum just took the car,

My point visa ve PSM, is that would have jumped in at that point to help (even if it was off), and possibly saved the result.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46228

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 20 February 2006

Richard, forever the voice of reason,What did he do wrong?Getting out of bed that morning springs to mind :wink:
Looking at the footage he eased off to much and the momentum just took the car, My point visa ve PSM, is that would have jumped in at that point to help (even if it was off), and possibly saved the result.Daz.

aye, PSM et al would have saved him...

but as in my earlier post, at that point in the circuit you have to balance the car, which is done it a slight dab on the brakes due to the dip in the road... note the blue car before

this charlie went for it, difficult to tell if he eased off, but the dip in the roadat that point is somewhat the critical piece that you can't avoid and then found that in a car with no devices to help, he just had a lesson in the laws of physics !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46231

Ouch - that doesn't look like fun! Just goes to show you have to be careful!

I had a 997 leant to me for the about 7 days recently - its a long story but we had two 997's in the garage for the last week and since it wasn't my car I thought I would have a bit of fun with the PSM turned off. Man, I couldn't believe how much it lost control in the wet! It was all over the shop - I was flooring it and giving it plenty of opposite lock etc but man the thing was completely different with the PSM off. My 996 behaved a lot more even with the PSM off than the 997.

PS - I thrashed the living daylights out of the car every single day - I actually tried to kill by just hurting it as much as I could but man, no problems whatsoever!

PS I also had the pleasure of a 993 for a bit - very different beast! Loved it! Especially changing down from 3rd to 2nd. Loved that gearbox! Even loved the dodgy beetle pedals : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46232

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Rose on 20 February 2006

I swing between really wanting to give it a go and thinking I'll crash and burn!

I am no driving god, only just an intermediate on track days...

I was lapping a solid 9'30'ish but wasn't pushing flat out on the flat bits and tried to give myself space but IIRC my 1st lap in the rain was somewhere about 14 minutes ! and even sub 10's was only on the 2nd day after a lot of laps !

but lap times ain't what I was doing at that place, but yes as soon as the lap finished you want to know how quick you are....

but for the 13 miles before the ring is the stuff of legends, epic and the most scary track place on earth in one go !

for a driver, it's worth a go, whether you drive on the right slowly hazzards flashing all the way or not ! I'll be there in May as part of the Spa trip and hope to return in July as part of a semi-planed PCGB trip, so why don't you come along in July !

Servo. . . you around in Europe in July ? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46234

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 20 February 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Rose on 20 February 2006

I am no driving god, only just an intermediate on track days...

I was lapping a solid 9'30'ish but wasn't pushing flat out on the flat bits and tried to give myself space but IIRC my 1st lap in the rain was somewhere about 14 minutes ! and even sub 10's was only on the 2nd day after a lot of laps !

but lap times ain't what I was doing at that place, but yes as soon as the lap finished you want to know how quick you are....

but for the 13 miles before the ring is the stuff of legends, epic and the most scary track place on earth in one go !

for a driver, it's worth a go, whether you drive on the right slowly hazzards flashing all the way or not ! I'll be there in May as part of the Spa trip and hope to return in July as part of a semi-planed PCGB trip, so why don't you come along in July !

Servo. . . you around in Europe in July ? :D

July hmmm thats tempting!! Sunny weather and cool beer! :D

I guess you mean you were trying to get your line right rather than hammering it?

Now that is what I really need to practice and with 13 miles even I might get 1 corner right welllll maybe! :wink: :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46240

For those of you who may have missed it

video.google.com/ videoplay?docid=5546118609957365052&q=top+gear
- 20k -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46845

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back