Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaking Screen Wash

Evil Dr J

Hi Guys

My windscreen wash stopped spraying last night and instead decided to start pouring on the floor when the lever is pulled. More upsetting is the OPC want an hours labour to fix it!!!

My guess is that it is only a loose pipe. Does anyone know how easy it is to fix and how to remove the wheel arch lining? On a 2001 996 Cab.

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45658

very easy to fix - jack car up, put on full lock (right hand down), back of the wheel arch liner there are (i think) 3 x 10mm plastic nuts, also some plastic rivits which should pull out ease the liner out of the arch (can do it just at the back of the arch, without removing the whole thing) you will see the bottle, at the back of the bottle the pipe will almost certainly be adrift, just put a tie wrap around it after you have resecured it to the bottle - hope that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45663

Thanks for that. Can the OPC really justify 1 hours labour for that? Disgusting!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45667

maybe half an hour (if you consider driving it into the workshop and putting it up on the ramp)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45668

tbh, i bet it takes an hour.

i had a long time problem with my audi's washers (the bump washer pump exploded) then I had a trouble with the other pump too. Anyway, everytime I took it out and in took me about half an hour each time just to unbolt and re bolt everything. using a jack tho, not an electric ramp.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45820

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back