Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Lowering springs

robert cairns

Does anyone have any experience of fitting lowering springs to stock shocks [98/996 C2], is this combination effective in terms of end result?
I am not fussed for track ability, but don't want to compromise the ride quality.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44763

There are alot opf aftermarket springs available but i have found that it stiffens the car right up and then when driving normally you get the vehicle nose bouncing up and down because the shocks have no give in them........

i have fitted some to a turbo 996 and used techart springs and this gave a very nice ride and dropped the car approx 15-20mm.These springs were progressive springs and the were the best option....so if you are thinking of doing the job make sure you try the progressive springs as they are forgiving in normal use and very firm when driving aggressively...

Dont forget you will need a wheel alignment after the springs have settled usually 24hrs...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44880

how much are the springs?

is fitting a normal process like anyother car or are porsche's harder to fit?

Just want to know, because thats one thing i've noticed while looking about for a 996 c2, they all look too bloody high ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45080

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back