Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing Discs & Pads

Dunc

I'm looking to replace my corroded discs and worn pads (993 C4) and i'm planning on doing them meself.

Any recommendations as to where to get good priced OE parts and or other quality pads??

Also, anyone know of any DIY links for this task as no doubt Porsche will have fitted some part which requires a special tool to remove!?

Cheers

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44359

p-car.com has a diy section which features this job. good luck..............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44363

Thanks Warren, i've used that site before for an alternator change out but couldn't remember the address - it's like a haynes manual with decent pictures!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44366

Best to bed the new discs in on your old pads or vice/verser

Not really a good idea to replace both the same time.

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44396

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 30 January 2006

...rob
Isn't this the situation when the car's new?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44400

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 30 January 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 30 January 2006

...rob
Isn't this the situation when the car's new?

No any car any age, it helps to prevent a sort of glazing effect on them and squeeky brakes, its more important on cars with large discs like Porsches, cos theres more surface area to create these types of problems.

Have a search on Rennlist, lots of posts regarding changing pads and discs there

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44402

Nice one Rob, would've just stuck them on at the same time without that advice.

Found OE discs and pads delivered from design911 foe £485 which seems ok to me. Was wondering about getting Pagid or Green/Red stuff pads tho?

P-car procedure seems as though its a pretty normal set up on these cars, should only need to replace the screwhead bolts which secure the discs to the hubs.

dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44446

Dunc...you should also change the caliper bolts as well, its also worth calling OPC parts for a quote if you are porsche club member(10% discount).

Euro carparts sell the brake sensors. if you are planing on replacing them.

For Pagids I used a company called performance braking Tel:01600713117, I also bought Castrol SRF(brake fluid)

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44495

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back