Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo Help needed

could it also be a RMS issue too(oil leaking onto the clutch linings-or am i speaking tosh) or is the turbo not so badly affected as the lesser 996's

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43956

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 24 January 2006

could it also be a RMS issue too(oil leaking onto the clutch linings-or am i speaking tosh) or is the turbo not so badly affected as the lesser 996's
From my recollection Rodders, the Turbo and GT3 were not vulnerable to RMS as the engine block was not the same as regular 996 Carreras and C4S. Could be wrong though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43965

Would definately agree on clutch slipping. It will get to a point where there will be no doubt in your mind :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44050

I first noticed clutch slipping on mine with the same as you (hard acceleration in 4th). It quickly came into 3rd and 2nd gear too, so that only gentle acceleration could be achieved. Keep an eye out for it getting progressively worse, and happening more frequently and in lower gears. I don't know about the 993, but the 911 requires engine and gearbox removal to get to the clutch, this being the bulk of the repair cost.

There are other clutch tests, like trying to set off from standing in 2nd or 3rd. Someone else will probably be able to tell you better how to do it.

Hope you get it sorted, whatever it is.

Guy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44251

Thanks for all your help, guys

Porsche have come back to me saying that it has a crack in the clutch plate thus causing it to slip cos of the heat!!!

Just found out that it has had a new clutch fitted by Porsche 4,000 miles ago.

Are Porsche clutches often cause for concern fitted 2nd time round? can I get it done on warrenty of new clutch being so new?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44271

sounds like a manufacturing problem to me so i'd reckon you should get it FOC............but you know what dealers are likely to be

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44274

Had a 200-point inspection done, without even pulling the car apart the following was noted as ATTENTION:

OPC "Suspect fault with clutch assistor pump diciphram further investigation required”,
Apart from the clutch the car has been running well but Porsche have said
“this is an initial thought but there is a misfire and vehicle cutting out this could be due to coil pack cracking, Radiator leaking also”

Even since ive had it, it has never cut out, “misfire in cylinder two further investigations required” OPC

IM not a Rocket scientist, but surely the above are all assumptions and they probably want me to pay £100+/hour labour to let then carry out further tests even though a point service check has been done!!

The vehicle has a Porsche extended warranty BUT they will only cover the Radiator not the rest, is this true? WTF is the point of an extended Warranty in the first place?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44280

All Porsche Parts have a 2 year warranty

So you'll get the parts for free,

If the clutch was fitted by an OPC, IMHO you should get the labour for free aswell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44297

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back