Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Switchable Exhaust

Seagull

Estoril
For those considering having this done, I've found out why they cost so much to have installed given that the parts cost just under £1,000.

Here's a link to the official Porsche fitting instructions. I'd be very interested to know if anyone can decypher the "Working Time" part on the last page as 26 01 31 06 means nothing to me, neither does 750 TU. Clearly I am not yet fluent in Porsche speak.

Http
//www.design911.co.uk/help/00004420021.pdfhttp://www.design911.co.uk/help/0000442002

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43772

Seagull, think the URL gremlins have stepped in...link should be
http://www.design911.co.uk/help/00004420021.pdf

Interesting article. My PSE isn't switchable and apart from potential track day issues, i don't find this in any way a disadvantage! I believe its the switchable bit that jacks up the price and this explains why!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43775

You're right about the link. If I knew how to use a computer, I'd edit the post.

It strikes me that there is a lot of labour involved and it's so long since I used anything more than an oil can or tyre pump on a car that it frightened me. Mind you, so would the bill from an OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43778

Seagul,

If you attempt to fit it yourself and succeed I'll let you fit one to mine!! :wink: :)

Thinking about it I don't really want or need the switchable bit .. just a pleasanter tone so you can here the burble of the engine.

NO .. I don't want the boy racer sound either!! .. :wink: :oops:

Its just nice to here the grumble/ growl/ purr of an engine.

So cost wise why is it expensive to "bol" on an exhaust.. If you avoid the switchable bit does that work out cheaper?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43801

I agree David that switchable is not needed, once you have it you will always want it on! I get annoyed when it cuts out between 30-44 mph...

The extra electronics and hence wiring to give the switchable option does definiltey make it a more expensive job, but i think OPC will only fit switchable, so you will have to go independant for non-switchable.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43812

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back