Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 suspension

Ray

Monza
Morning all

Some advice needed on my 993 C4 suspension.

The car goes in for some work next month and may need the wishbones changing. I'm toying with changing the shocks etc at the same time.

I don't do any track days so a better ride is more important to me than pin sharp handling.

The car has the Sport chassis with 18" technology wheels (P32) so is already quite firm.

Does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43262

Well the standard 993 suspension is a pretty good compromise - fine handling plus a comfortable ride. But the standard shocks aren't very durable. So depending on how many miles your car has done on its current shocks, they could well be due for renewal.

The most obvious upgrade is Bilsteins, and some say that when fitting these you should fit upgraded springs (H&Rs?) too. But then some folk say that you should fit RS AR bars at the same time... And maybe RS wishbones too...

Do a search on 'suspension' or similar. You should find quite a bit, including two quite recent threads, one started by me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43266

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 18 January 2006

Well the standard 993 suspension is a pretty good compromise - fine handling plus a comfortable ride. But the standard shocks aren't very durable. So depending on how many miles your car has done on its current shocks, they could well be due for renewal.

The most obvious upgrade is Bilsteins, and some say that when fitting these you should fit upgraded springs (H&Rs?) too. But then some folk say that you should fit RS AR bars at the same time... And maybe RS wishbones too...

Do a search on 'suspension' or similar. You should find quite a bit, including two quite recent threads, one started by me.
Maxy

The car has only done 24K, but its 10 years old so I'm assuming the suspension is getting a bit tired by now!

I will have a good look through the previous threads as you suggest.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43272

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back