Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Compression

Danno

Hi Guys, I own a late 88 3.2 Carrera Swiss spec. This has a cat and a slightly lower compression motor 9,5:1 and 217BHP. What would you suggest would be the cheapest and most effective way of extracting more power?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43026

Sports Exhaust 10 - 12 bhp,

Power filter 3 bhp

You can sometimes pick up sports exhausts on ebay quite cheap, couldnt tell you the provenance though?

Use Superunleaded only, good for 5 - 10 bhp.

Welcome to the forum.

Darren.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43030

Thanks Darren..Well just been consulting my books and it seems the Swiss 3.2 does have the higher compression engine producing the 231BHP.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43035

although after all these year you have to make sure that the power is still as it should be..... may have lost a few horses over the years (?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43036

No she still feels sprightly enough. Only covered 45k miles. Just had confusion over the power output. But I think I have sorted that issue out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43037

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back