Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Gt2 mk1

Graham Barnet

I am looking to buy a 996 Gt2 mk1 ie Y reg to early 04 car and have had 3 996 turbo's before as every day cars which were great. I now have a new M5 for daily and was thinking of the Gt2 for the weekend and road trips. I have read many conflicting reorts on their handling particularly in the wet but wondered if there was anyone with first hand evidence. I have had pretty much everything else in Porsche 993 , Turbo 4 , ferari's Lambo etc so had some scary but ejoyable things but dont want to buy a devil. Just sold a new 997 Carrera s cab too tame and no match for the M5 so want something with more grunt. Gt2 seems to be as much bang for your buck as any car around.

Any thoughts welcome.

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42628

***** me with a fish fork. heres me thinking my C2 is amazingly fast and its all to slow for you!!

Nice position to be in! cant help though!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42632

dont worry a carrera 2 is more than quick enough but you get addicted to the ease of power you get from a 996 turbo or an M5.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42636

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Graham Barnet on 12 January 2006

dont worry a carrera 2 is more than quick enough but you get addicted to the ease of power you get from a 996 turbo or an M5.
Now I bet thats an addiction Mr D**herty doesnt suffer from, too expensive :wink:

Is the GT2 the one advertised in this months mag by any chance?

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42640

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back