Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OBC in KPH

Ross Jeffries

Hi everyone,

Im new to the world of porsche just bought a boxster but there is one niggling little thing about it the obc is kilometers even though the digital speedo and odometer are in miles does anyone know how to change this

Regards

Ross :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42562

have you read the instruction manual?.............should tell you how to convert it to miles.........tho i would have thought if the speedo/odometer are showing miles then the OBC would also be the same..........could possibly be a fault..........worth maybe taking it past yer local OPC to ask them if they have any idea

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42569

the older 993 ones are either kph or mph - depending which market were sold to (i have replaced mine with a mph)

think (not too sure) but the newer generations of porkas can be converted? OPC should be able to assist i would have thought?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42579

Hi Ross

If its a 996 model, you can interchange between the two via the OBC stalk. The manual shows how

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42582

postamble();
Ross,

To change beween MPH and KPH you twist and turn one of the buttons above the dials on the dash (i.e. the trip reset and illumination control). I'm sorry I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is (or which way you twist and hold the button), but have a go and you'll change it. (you've a 25% chance of getting it right first time!)

Of course, yes, you could have a look at the manual as well...

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42585

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back