Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air-Con

Shed17

Montreal
My air con has been fine up until today.

After getting the interior of the car up to a reasonable temp from the near baltic conditions when I first drove off, the temp kept on rising and cold air only started to come on when I turned the temp knob right down. So at the moment it is uncomfortably hot or freezing :(

Anybody got any suggestions?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41979

My best guess is failure of the dashboard temp sensor unit - a Heath-Robinson thing with a fan that samples cabin air by passing it over a sensor. Mind you, when mine went the temp came up nicely and then it got colder, with heat only available by turning up the temp dial.

So not exactly the same symptoms but possibly the same cause. Unless there's been failure of something out heat exchangers way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41980

Maxy,

How difficult is it to change the sensor?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42000

I think it's a pretty straightforward job - it's the little panel with the grille adjacent to the heater/aircon controls; it should unclip in some way. I had JZ fix mine along with regassing and renewing seals on the aircon.

The bummer is that a replacement costs about £180 IIRC, so be sure it is that before shelling out...

I'd also suggest posting this query on the PCGB 993 forum. Bound to be some v knowledgeable type over there, not least the Blessed Maurice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42001

Ah yes, the PCGB 993 oracle known as Maureeeeece :)

Was going to Rennlist and PCGB next.

Thanks Maxy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42004

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back