Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof & Seat Rattling

Tiptronic

Banned
Its not a huge issue and I am not that bothered if it cant be fixed, however if it can it would be nice.

My Sunnroof is very rattly over bumpy ground, my passenger seat rattles all the time on the move.

If this is normal then I can live with it.

Any observations by others would be nice, is it something that can be fixed under wtty.

She is 2003 C4S with 16k miles and 14mths wtty left. OPC

I didnt notice these rattles in my previous 98 996 C2 a few years ago.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41718

Just a thought re the sun roof......

Has it rattled all the time or have you only noticed the sunroof rattle since the last time you opened it? You could try opening it and closing it a couple of times and see if that helps.

The Megane has the panoramic glass roof and I'm still getting used to the creaks and other strange noises it makes, especially when it's frozen, could it be anything to do with the cold weather?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41726

No rattles since I had her, what with being away etc etc, never bothered to mention it.

Bought the wife a Megane CC (Coupe Convertiable) when they first came out a couple of years ago, wow shake rattle and roll or what, so much skuttle shake it was unreal.

Having said that the car was full of useful kit, lights which came on in the dark, auto wipers, str wheel stereo controls etc. :D

Regards the Porker I had a dream last night where I had her to 6000 rpm in 5th which was good for almost 160mph before changing up. Fab dream :wink:

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41729

postamble();

my 996 C2 coupe also rattles from around the sunroof, but its the headliner (if you touch it, it goes quiet)....the most annoying rattle comes from the handbrake release button!!! (sometimes it drives me mad)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41735

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 05 January 2006

Bought the wife a Megane CC (Coupe Convertiable) when they first came out a couple of years ago, wow shake rattle and roll or what, so much skuttle shake it was unreal.

Having said that the car was full of useful kit, lights which came on in the dark, auto wipers, str wheel stereo controls etc. :D

Regards the Porker I had a dream last night where I had her to 6000 rpm in 5th which was good for almost 160mph before changing up. Fab dream :wink:

Daz.
The Megane is great for the gizmos...... until they start to go wrong, just had to have a window regulator replaced as the passenger window was going up and down on its own, usually in the middle of the night when it was raining, so I'd have to get out of bed and switch the alarm off.... bl00dy French cars.

So haven't you ever had the Porsche at 6000rpm in 5th before? Shame on you :roll:

Hey that could be a New Year resolution.... to cane the pants of her, you must want to if your dreaming about it :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41746

Previous poster said:

Daz.

Doesn't that become reality at Silverstone in a couple of weeks? Snow permitting!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41747

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 05 January 2006

Previous poster said:

Daz.

Doesn't that become reality at Silverstone in a couple of weeks? Snow permitting!

I hope so I need more reality :wink:

Do you know what the fastest straight at Silverstone is likley to give?

I would love to hit 180 on the clock.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41757

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by decompressing on 05 January 2006
my 996 C2 coupe also rattles from around the sunroof, but its the headliner (if you touch it, it goes quiet)....the most annoying rattle comes from the handbrake release button!!! (sometimes it drives me mad)
Marc
Just put a screw in the roof and some vasiline in the gap around the hand brake button (and be prepaired for some funny looks off your passengers)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41760

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back