Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who's using their 993 through the winter?

Well that was a fun thread!

I spent a little cash at the weekend and got myself a nice 2nd hand Honda HRV-VTEC to last the winter (and then pass onto Mrs Evil Jack), so it's goodnight from the 993 till spring!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39905

It's ALL year for me I'm afraid.

Use the 'Zymol Queen' 2 or 3 times a week and 'push bike' into work the rest of the time, so I can fit into the sports seats and continue to eat mince pies.

She gets a good run each weekends though.............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39935

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David White on 10 December 2005

Hi Guys.

I'm new to the Porsche "family" having just purchased a Boxster 987. I've been looking around the various Porsche forums and on reading this one I have found it sensible and informative, and have come to the conclusion that this one is perhaps the one for grown-ups (if you know that I mean). I'll probally get flamed now for being off topic, sorry.

Back on topic, as a farmer can i just say sorry to David for the mud on the roads of Lincs, Lincolnshire is a county famous for it's vegetable production, the only way from field to shop is by road and unfortunately some of this will be by tractor and trailer. We (most of us) do try our best to not bring mud onto the roads but it is inevitable that some gets by!

You may also fret about being held up by tractors on the road but rest assured that if I spot a gold badge in the middle of a bonnet of anything behind me I'll pull over quickly (if only to see what you're driving :wink: ).

Back to Porsches, My wife and I fancied a soft top as we have never had one before but I'm hoping we'll change it in a year or two for a 997. The best thing about getting old(er) is that you can aford something that you could only dream of as a teenager. As they don't still make a TR6 it has to be a 911.

DW

PS Can I recommend Seal Grey, ours does not to show the dirt to much.
Welcome to the forum, its only the French farmers I have a dislike for, parasites on EC funding and all that!

I can live with the muddy roads for a few weeks of the year, farmers have to make a living like the rest of us. Besides, I wouldn`t swap my rural home and lifestyle for congested suburbia for any price. Most of my neighbours are farmers and a friendly lot they are too, they always pull over and let you pass, they even cut my hedges for me with one of those big cutters they have on their tractors.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39937

Thanks for the welcome Dave (and others), I feel a bit of a fraud being on here as have (I won't say only) Boxster, not a 911, but i do like the "tone" of the conversation here.

DW

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39951

Boxsters are fab cars and I would have one if it wasnt for the children, and the wife who says a boxster advertises being single :?

I havent got a clue what a C4S says, but whatever it is I like it :twisted:

Daz.

Seal Grey, C4S

Welcome Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39953

Had my 993 C4 for 3 years, drove it every day and never a real problem. Often took a few turns of the key in a cold morning but they are getting a little old.

Cheers

Dan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39964

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back