Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet internal light

David Canning

As Winter blows in I've connected my battery conditioner lead to the battery terminals and all seems to be working well. The only problem is that I need the bonnet open slightly to let the lead in which means the bonnet light stays on. Can anyone tell me where the switch is please? Had a good look around but couldn't find it. Alternatively is there an easy way to disable it?

Thanks, DC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38912

Dave

Co-incidence - but I have had a similiar issue this morning. My answer was to take the bulb out of the holder. My first attempt to take the bulb out caused all of the alarms to sound. Once I had turned off the sirens I put the key in the ignition and turned to auxilliary I could then take out the bulb without the alarms sounding.

Note sure if this will work, I will keep a check on it.

If there are any better solutions I would welcome some info.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38913

Thanks, that was my first thought. I pulled at the cover as much as I thought it would take without breaking but it wouldn't budge. I can close the bonnet with the lead trapped on top of the seal. My only worry is that the seal will deform and eventually let rain seep in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38916

Guys

I have recently connected my battery conditioner for the winter.

I'm assuming that your cars are inside, if so this is what I do.

Open the bonnet and push the bonnet catch in by hand or with a flat bladed screwdriver if you don't want to get any grease on your fingers. the bonnet light will go out after a couple of seconds.

Connect up the conditioner.

You then switch on the conditioner and then switch on the alarm as normal.

When you come to use the car, switch off the conditioner, switch off the alarm.

You then need to open the bonnet catch again from inside the car, disconnect the lead and close the bonnet.

It sounds complicated but its not.

I hope this helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38918

Aha! So the bonnet light switch is incorporated into the bonnet catch itself. Close the bonnet catch by hand and the light goes out - excellent.

That's that one sorted.

Thanks, Glos.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38962

David,

Off topic I know but have you posted any pic's of your car.

There was a debate some time ago about the "old" colours not looking very good on the 993 and 996, but I would guess that the contrast between the yellow and tinted glass roof must look quite striking. It would be interesting to see.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38969

I saw a yellow Targa at Shirleys in meriden a few months ago, and it looked really good... if memory serves it was a car that was featured in the press quite a lot at the time.

It is possible to wire the ciggy lighter to work in 'ignition off' and thus you can run the cable through the window which is rather more elegant. Keep meaning to get around to it, but as my bonnet light is broken there is no issue!

Bear in mind the interior light comes on when the bonnet is open.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38974

I suppose the cars ahve all moved on from my dear old Toy but all I do is pop the luggage lid, connect the charger and gently drop the lid down leaving it retained but not closed. All lights are off and the cover goes over. NP :)

In fact you remind me that the car isn't on charge now. :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38979

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 29 November 2005

I saw a yellow Targa at Shirleys in meriden a few months ago, and it looked really good... if memory serves it was a car that was featured in the press quite a lot at the time.
Robert, that may well have been my car as I bought it from Shirleys back in August. I don't think there are many around of the same spec.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38984

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 29 November 2005

Off topic I know but have you posted any pic's of your car.
There was a debate some time ago about the "old" colours not looking very good on the 993 and 996, but I would guess that the contrast between the yellow and tinted glass roof must look quite striking. It would be interesting to see.
There's a picture of it on here somewhere, I'll try and find it. I'm of the school that believes that the words 'discreet' and 'supercar' should never be used together. The car shouts performance even when standing still and as you say, the yellow and black blend together very nicely. Also the kids find it light and airy in the back compared to a coupe.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38986

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Targa(7).jpg

Here we go, taken at Shirleys, Meriden. Must get some better photos taken next year.

DC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38987

When I'm trickle charging the 993 I leave the bonnet up and close the bonnet catch. I also leave a note on the seat to remind myself that the bonnet catch is locked.

On the subject of Speed Yellow, I wish my Targa was that colour rather than Arctic silver. I think it is a great colour for the 993 Targa.

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38988

Very, very, very, nice. Where's the envy button. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38989

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back