Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlights in Europe

DW

Hi all,

Not a problem really, just a question. Can you adjust the headlights (Litronic) from RHD to LHD via a switch? On my BMW you just move a small lever behind each light

Thanks in advance.Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37689

Which car? 993 has a switch on the back of the light which converts the beam pattern. I'd imagine a 996 has similar.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37695

You can on the 996 although...

I went to do it on mine and it was far to complicated so i just bought the reusable stick on things :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37704

Black insulating tape - just park it in front of the garage door with the lights on and tape over the flick up portion of the beam. A doddle for virtually zero expenditure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37709

Hi all,

it's a 996. Is it that difficult to do TyUK?

Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37711

In the book it looks easy so i went down to the garage armed with the manual and my trusty leatherman. I took the lining off the side but it looks like you have to unbolt the light to get to the switch behind. The last thing i wanted to do was unscrew something that i shouldn't and mess my light up so i left it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37734

in your tool kit which should be behind your spare wheel on a c2 or under the panel in the front luggage comp on a c4 there is a female allen key tool - you need to pull back the carpet and pull out the rubber bung (the knobbly one - good technical term) insert the allen key tool and twist - cant remember which way though - it will push the light unit out - if its a pre face lift just be aware of the water jets and carefully lift light out - there are lugs on the side of the light unit that go into runners in a bracket inside the wing - can be a little tricky when putting them back in

remove the backing of the light unit - push clips - sometimes phillips head screws if litronic control unit on back - there should be on the back of the reflector a 5mm female socket that will turn either clock or anti clock - O or T. T stands for tourist and thats what it should point to for continental driving.

when putting the light back in - make sure that the lugs are in the runners, push the light in until it wont push anymore then bring into position using the allen key tool until it clicks

hope that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37742

Like I said

Black insulating tape - just park it in front of the garage door with the lights on and tape over the flick up portion of the beam. A doddle for virtually zero expenditure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37757

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911doctor on 14 November 2005

in your tool kit which should be behind your spare wheel on a c2 or under the panel in the front luggage comp on a c4 there is a female allen key tool - you need to pull back the carpet and pull out the rubber bung (the knobbly one - good technical term) insert the allen key tool and twist - cant remember which way though - it will push the light unit out - if its a pre face lift just be aware of the water jets and carefully lift light out - there are lugs on the side of the light unit that go into runners in a bracket inside the wing - can be a little tricky when putting them back in

remove the backing of the light unit - push clips - sometimes phillips head screws if litronic control unit on back - there should be on the back of the reflector a 5mm female socket that will turn either clock or anti clock - O or T. T stands for tourist and thats what it should point to for continental driving.

when putting the light back in - make sure that the lugs are in the runners, push the light in until it wont push anymore then bring into position using the allen key tool until it clicks

hope that helps

Thats why i didn't do it!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37760

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back