Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof spoiler

PaulCo

How is the small roof spoiler fixed to the car/rear window? One side on my 993 is loose. Hasn't fallen off so far :?

Thanks for any advice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37481

i think it just presses on / pulls off - see
www.p-car.com
diy section - called "replacing leds in rear spoiler" or something like that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37489

hmm....unless my eyes are failing me, can't see anything there, Warren.

I thought it would press on/off, but there's nothing to engage the spoiler itself that I can see - perhaps the fixing point has sheared off.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37490

OK, now I see what you mean. That seems to show that the cover pulls off and there are fixing bolts underneath. Will check it out tonight in the garage. Thanks, Warren!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37492

no problem - let us know how you get on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37493

Hmm... what I now see is that the spolier is fixed in two places to securing points, which themselves are somehow attached to the car/glass. It is the fixing point itself which is loose :?

Back to the drawing board. It seems that it is a smooth plate which I can only assume glues onto the glass - surely this can't be right?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37670

Sorted!!

Checked with Techart. The fixing points are bonded onto the glass. Simple.

Took the car into Autofarm to have them find out why fanbelt light on (new sensor needed - 10-minute job) and while I was there, they kindly gave me a tube of the right bonding adhesive and a dash of 3M cleaning fluid. Went home, flipped off cover, unbolted spolier from fixing points, cleaned and keyed the fixing plate and bonded it back on.

12 hours later, you could hang a battleship off it (would look a tad silly though, I think).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39235

Was the bonding adhesive genuine 'Billy-Ho' ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39236

Will check when I get home. Don't recognise that name. Looked like something german and very professional - not stuff one buys in Halfords!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39237

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back