Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steamy 996 Cab

uuf361

Daytona
And not for the right reasons unfortunately :wink:

Now I've had the cab for almost 2 weeks I've noticed that it is steamy quite a lot, but figure this is a feature of having a cab - the front clears easily with the a/c and quite quickly too, but the back almost never clears even with the heated rear window - it makes a dent in the condensation but never seems to clear it completely although my journey to/from work is only 15 mins.

Any suggestions for cloth/other thing to wipe it off, my hand is making a bit of a mess :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37276

Are the door membranes OK

its the time of the year when you notice they've gone

check the carpet at the bottom of the doors, if its wet, then the membranes need changing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37321

Just a couple of tips to get rid of the steam/condensation:

1. Put the blower/heater to come from the centre console so the air hits into the bar of the car.

2. To get rid of the condensation altogether although not ideal, is drive with the windows open. The air rushing in should clear the back out fairly quickly, unless you are in stop start traffic.

IceMan

8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37324

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back