Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 4S

Looks good - is that Basalt Black or Atlas Grey ?

I have to wait another 4 months for my 4S to arrive.........(I did order the Sports exhaust though !)

Sidicks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38777

reminds me of J-Lo :wink:
....v sexy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38778

I was in OPC Newcastle upon Tyne yesterday, 10 out the 12 showroom cars were black, the other two in Silver. Black seems to be the colour of choice at the moment.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38787

v v v nice black 911's are soo sexy!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38791

basalt black it is ! Previous 911 was Atlas Grey which is much more discrete. This black colour is designed to be noticed for sure ! Still waiting to see another 4S in London! Must be hiding!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38813

I saw basalt black close up & clean for the 1st time a few weeks back in Chiswick OPC, it's a v v nice colour

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38820

Well I was choosing between Basalt Black and Atlas Grey and eventually chose Grey (with black interior). Both looked fantastic, but I'm hoping that Grey will be slightly easier to keep looking good!!

sidicks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38821

Too right when it's clean black is great....but within 30secs at this time of year looks dirty again... the RRS is black & it is stunning when I clean it...but it lasts for such a short time!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38822

Verrrrrry nice David. That's one wide ass I would love to get my hands on :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38829

colour wise, you are damn right : Basalt black is hellish to keep clean. Luckily, Mr Porsche, in its natural kindness, is also selling great covers ! I got the dust cover (not for outside) which is fantastic : white, huge Porsche logo at the front, and very easy to put on/off ! Is it worth the 230 pounds...YES !!!

Anybody there with a 3.8 that was run in? Cannot wait to see how its behave at high rev!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38851

David – the car looks absolutely stunning. I wonder how the it performs compared to the 993 version? Maybe some car magazine will have a duel?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39213

Must have, must have, must have! Wish they had kept the red reflector strip though.

Hello all, tis my 1st post. 911 virgin. Looking for 996 4s.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39216

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Kumaresh on 01 December 2005

Must have, must have, must have! Wish they had kept the red reflector strip though.

Hello all, tis my 1st post. 911 virgin. Looking for 996 4s.
Hi kumaresh, welcome to the fold.

The curves do look damn fine on the new 4s :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39226

Hello Simon.

Went on a cruise around Ascott with a 996 4S and a 993 Targa. The 993 has nothing to be ashame of and its engine noise is a class of its own.

Waiting to have the car run in to fully enjoy it, but the 3.8 feels very generous.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39230

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SA on 01 December 2005

David – the car looks absolutely stunning. I wonder how the it performs compared to the 993 version? Maybe some car magazine will have a duel?
It'll whips its ass... the 997 will eat the 993 for lunch in much the same way the 996 did but more so

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39232

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back