Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911-Flatnose conversion??

Miss G

Hello

Im looking to buy a 911 about a 1987.

I have seen a few flatnose conversions, which is exciting as my dream car from about 5 was a flatnose.

Should I stay clear of 911 with flatnose conversions, will a conversion effect the after sale, or do you have some advise on the flat nose conversion pit falls????

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36568

Personal opinion, stay clear unless it's original and you are prepared to pay the money for it.

The flat nose cars were the 3.3 turbo taken off and rebuilt by hand at Porsche. I'd have to go back and check whether the engine capacity was increased, but they certainly got the power hike to 330 bhp and had bigger intercoolers etc. I assume that this engine configuration was carried over to the 964 Turbo.

There is now a separate register for the cars in PCGB if you are interested.

When I was looking around for my car I saw two conversions that sat on the dealer forecourts for ages which I think, rightly or wrongly, sums up enthusiast's attitude to such cars.

However, there are probably a few exceptions as I think Autofarm did a similar conversion as did some of the German tuners / racing teams.

Like all cars, the history of the car must be your guide. If it doesn't have one, conversion or not, walk away.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36591

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back