Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shirley / Porsche Tech

simon yap

Firstly hi to all the contributors on this forum, I regularly read the various threads and am greatly impressed with knowledge of many of the contributors.

A couple of months i purchased a LHD 964 which has given me much pleasure to drive, polish and generally bore people about.

I now feel the need to put my hand in my pocket and get a full service and was wondering what the overall view the Forum had of these guys. I live North of Birmingham and want to put my pride and joy in the hands of someone I can trust.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36324

there are a few posts on Shirley and a few on the dealer as well !

search menu should reveal them..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36327

Welcome!

Porsche Tech is a one-man-band run by Martin Brown. Seems a very nice knowledgable bloke and always looks busy. Does the prep work for Shirleys.

Also worth considering PCT, just down the road off the A45 toward Coventry who are also well regarded.

Both are only a stones throw from my office and are regular lunch hour haunts (not alot else to do here...)

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36386

I bought my car from Shirleys and have had Martin at Porschetech do a couple of services and other bits and bobs. I would recommend them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36391

i would choose PCT, ive had a quick look round both and pct have a much bigger and better workshop!! plus they have a new race car i hear!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42003

errm i wouldnt recommend PCT

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42015

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 07 January 2006

Whats the problem with PCT ? I have heard they do a good job

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42189

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by InThe Weeds on 07 January 2006

i would choose PCT, ive had a quick look round both and pct have a much bigger and better workshop!! plus they have a new race car i hear!!
Size isn't everything :oops:

Surely the size of the workshop is irrelevant, so long as they have all the tools, and a diagnostic computer? The skill of the technician is the critical thing.

In my experience, a smart workshop means simply bigger overheads and a bigger bill, and for no benefit to you the customer...

If you deal with an outfit like Porsche Tech, you will speak to Martin Brown who does the work on your car, not via some desk jockey service advisor.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42194

SMTK I'd also be interested in why you don't recommend PCT,since i've used them twice now (PM me if you want!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42218

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 09 January 2006
Size isn't everything :oops:

Surely the size of the workshop is irrelevant, so long as they have all the tools, and a diagnostic computer? The skill of the technician is the critical thing.

In my experience, a smart workshop means simply bigger overheads and a bigger bill, and for no benefit to you the customer...

If you deal with an outfit like Porsche Tech, you will speak to Martin Brown who does the work on your car, not via some desk jockey service advisor.
Totally agree here you get a far better idea of what needs to be done by talking to the technician without the add ons most of the time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42226

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 07 January 2006

I am wondering why as well (hope you don't feel bombarded :oops: ), bought my car from them and they have been really good to date.

At the moment, wouldn't hesiate about buying from them again.

Spill the beans!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42228

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back