Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Last of the 993 Targas?

Duncan M

As a first timer on this forum I was wondering if anyone knows when in 1998 production of 993 Targas was stopped? I've just taken delivery of a 1998 guards red 993 Targa here in Hong Kong. It was first registered in April '98 and I'm curious to know how many other '98 Targas there are out there.

BTW, 911s are a pretty common sight in HK, which means there's a good stock of second hand 993s and 996s, all with extremely low mileage. Shame there's no such thing as a long drive here though!

Thanks,

Duncan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36289

isn't that the title of every ebay auction for a 993 targa !

btw, good work on the guards red 993, quite rare over here...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36328

Saw a guards red Targa for sale at Autobahn at the end of last year- v nice looking car. Needed the non-orange indicator lenses though IMO...

I'm sure peter morgan's Porsche 911 book has a breakdown of total worlwide year by year production, but no specifics on dates if memory serves.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36384

Thanks all for your help/comments.

Mine's #145 out of 272 '98 Targa's then.

Yes, guards red (plus tan/beige interior) seems to suit the Targa well. First item on the to-do list is to change to clear/red lenses.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36474

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back