Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Experience of find-a-Porsche services

Mark.

I did this about 3 years ago using Adrian Crawford and the experience was definately in category B not A which is what was confusing me about some of your earlier comments.

We discussed exactly what I wanted and I was very specific on the spec. I was also very specific on the mileage and importantly the quality I wanted. We also had a realistic discussion on price so I knew what it would cost me to get the quality I wanted.

A couple of months later he contacted me with a car he had found which matched my requirements which I ended up buying (993 Targa Manual, one owner from new, FPSH). Very much a "if you don't like it when I turn up with it you don't have to take it" attitude. He also gave me a 3 month/3000 mile warrenty against him (ie not through a warranty company).

Perhaps he no longer does this (mainly LHD exotic cars in those days sourced to required spec) and has changed his business model. BTW I remember speaking to him a year or two later and he told me he didn't source 993s any more because good ones were getting very difficult to find so perhaps he is no longer an option.

Ian.

PS No the hunt is not part of the fun, its a pain in the arse.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35845

Black is so last year, what you need is this years black, Arena Red - the original 993 turbo colour :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35846

Ian - thanks, I'll give Adrian a call, Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35873

Marke.

My experience of sourcing/buying via Adrian Crawford in June this year mirrors Ian's experience exactly, so I would say he does still operate this way. He found me a very nice 993 to exactly the specification I had requested, took about a month. I was very happy with the whole process.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35883

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back