Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic - any one know the answer?

gavin lowe

964 C2 Tiptronic - the 'manual' selection on my tiptronic isn't showing up in the right hand set of dash lights and putting it into manual and trying to change gear has no effect. Still drives in auto mode, but there is some squealing that started today. Any ideas what this is?

Please tell me this isn't an expensive auto box failure!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35033

964's don't do cheap from what i hear :(

sorry not much help there......but if there' wasn't any squealing i would have blamed something electrical/sensor related but the squealing makes it sound more like its a mechanical issue

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35035

the squealing may be the tyres - driving short distances in a tiny island means the tyres don't get warmed up properly. I reckon you are right that it is electrical. I'll get the local porsche mechanic to have a look...but if anyone has had this happen let me know!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35036

Sound very similar to what happened to me when I had a tip a few years ago.

Try and find an Automatic Gearbox expert in your area to have a look at it, not an OPC or indie as they usually send it to them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35144

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back