Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cab vs Coupe

Now a 996C4S Targa (glass roof)... that is a car that they really should have made...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34804

I used Peter Morgan for PPI. Very happy with result, wasn't anything really wrong with the car, but report was comprehensive with pictures highlighting his points and he was very friendly to deal with.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34806

Thanks for the advice re Peter, will give him a call........

Have the space to store the hardtop as I have a double length garage, very little clutter (I'm single) and this will be my only car so this will not be an issue.

My OPC just called me as they are looking out for a car for me also, and keep advising me against buying out of netowrk. Now I understand they want to make some money out of me but it is a bit annoying with a car that is still under official warranty that I would get an inspection on. They are questioning why it is being sold. I could question exactly the same of the cars they are trying to sell me!!!!!!

Am I mad in thinking that a car £8-£10K under the OPC price with official warranty for which I would get a clean inspection b4 purchasing is a good deal ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34828

IMHO a private buy with FPSH backed up by a decent PPI is a good deal.

BTW, like the "very little clutter (I'm single)" line, will pass that one on to the Mrs... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34830

i would imagine the OPC's approved car warranty might be a bit more attractive but its probably the same as the warranty you'll be able to get from them on your "privately" sourced one after they have PPI'd it.....ask them to show you whats covered and whats not with either.......the only thing that could happen with the privately sourced one is that it might have a hidden history to it..but the likes of HPI should be able to check that out

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34831

So I went to see the car on Saturday and it was in outstanding condition, so after 3 hours poring over it and driving it, I agreed to buy it and should be picking it up in 3 weeks time.....even got a whole host of things thrown in to sweeten the deal. Will post some pics when I pick it up......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35221

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 10 October 2005

So I went to see the car on Saturday and it was in outstanding condition, so after 3 hours poring over it and driving it, I agreed to buy it and should be picking it up in 3 weeks time.....even got a whole host of things thrown in to sweeten the deal. Will post some pics when I pick it up......

nice one!!...........so whats the age/spec/colour etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35226

'04 Carrera 2 Cab, Seal Grey, Black Leather 18" Carrera Wheels, Litronics, Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Bose, Rear Parking, Wind Deflector, Hard top (of course), Coloured wheel Centres, PSM.......11K miles, should be nice......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35230

996 Cab for the summer. Cayman for the winter. Nice! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35234

Actually the Cayman order was cancelled on Sunday......can't afford both sadly and the hard top should do for the winter........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35239

Previous poster said:

'04 Carrera 2 Cab, Seal Grey, Black Leather 18" Carrera Wheels, Litronics, Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Bose, Rear Parking, Wind Deflector, Hard top (of course), Coloured wheel Centres, PSM.......11K miles, should be nice......

oooh sounds very lush............get them pics up as soon as you get it 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35259

3 weeks to wait still!!!! They wanted time to put it through the Porsche inspection (which I got for free) and the service and I am working in Orlando for the next 3 weeks......will be getting off a plane (hopefully without too much jetlag) and heading straight down there.........not sure how I am going to last another 3 weeks though......but it will be worth the wait!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35264

Previous poster said:

3 weeks to wait still!!!! They wanted time to put it through the Porsche inspection (which I got for free) and the service and I am working in Orlando for the next 3 weeks......will be getting off a plane (hopefully without too much jetlag) and heading straight down there.........not sure how I am going to last another 3 weeks though......but it will be worth the wait!

know what yer going thru :twisted:
..........these 3 weeks are going to be the longest 3 weeks ever :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35267

At least in the meantime I can have some fun working out here in Orlando to forget.......and 'enjoy' :wink:
driving my rented Chrysler Sebring........the words wallowy and gutless spring to mind!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35269

Nice one. Just make sure it quickly grows a 911uk.com sticker. Even though these are not a Porsche approved addition, they will not invalidate your warranty.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35271

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back