Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First days with a C4S

obzi

Silverstone
An eventfull first few days after collection of my 996 C4S and at last i can post on here as an owner rather than a wanabee.

After driving all of 200yds i was met with an absolute ***** of a junction on a extremely busy A69 with me praying to the Lord above that i didn't wreck it in the first 5 minutes.

These last few days have seen me:

1, Cleaning my garage to operating theatre standards.

2, Finding complete strangers want to talk to me.

3, Giving rides to everyone within 2 square miles of where i live.

4, Being followed by the Police for 2 miles right to my door even though i wasn't speeding.

5, Visiting a female friend because she knows my ex-girlfriend and look what she missed out on.lol

I can't see any of this mentioned in the handbook!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34203

Good choice! :wink:

2 months in, the thrill still gets better every time I take it out....what spec have you gone for?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34209

Great to see another convert- like wise with F1, spec and pics pls

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34212

I went for Tiptronic in the end but still undecided if it was the right decision.

Always had manual and i liked the feeling of complete control but thought i'd take a chance after reading a few comments on here. Time will tell as i'm still getting used to it but i can already see lots of arguments for and against.

The C4S is one hell of a way from my first car, an Austin Allegro which was given to me by my father. I'm sure that should qualify as child abuse.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34229

nice and like Numero 5 also :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34237

"an Austin Allegro which was given to me by my father. I'm sure that should qualify as child abuse."

You must have been one hell of a bad boy to deserve that!! :eek:

Good choice and the tiptronic is cool to as the engine has enough torque to handle it and leave you to concentrate on the driving bit. I would certainly consider one, they are a far cry from the old auto boxes.Nice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34240

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back