Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Imported 997

uuf361

Anyone have any experience of buying a 997 through a broker ?

Found one this morning offering almost £6K off list with only around the same waiting time which makes it a tempting proposition.......

More to the point, has anyone had any experience with Select Automotive who are offering this deal ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34196

Left or right hand drive? My lefty is for sale if you want it! Basalt Black / Beige - think the below link will show you some snaps

http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.aspForumID=27&TopicID=3948&SearchPagePosition=1&search=997&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

The reason I am selling it after only 5 months of use is because I am probably going to get a 997 Cab - I promised I would get a cab and didn't and now she either wants a motor OR we get a cab - go with the cab I think : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34215

I nearly bought through a broker. Fortunately my friend had dipped a toe in the rather cold water first and discovered how difficult it was to sell on afterwards. He took an enormous loss, far greater than the saving on new price. 996s and 997s are easily available at the mo. and prices are tumbling - why bother? The system will get its own back on you later!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34219

Servo - would have to be RHD I'm afraid.

Peter - the losses later on do seem a little scary although the 996 I looked at on Saturday did not seem that much lower than a UK supplied car.

Having seen a few 996's I have been disappointed at my perceived lack of care taken by former owners which led me to believe that maybe I ought to stump up the extra cash for a brand new 997, but this really is stretching past my £50K budget......

I assume I would not be able to get any sort of discount of a new 997 from an OPC, so may have to wait til Spring when hopefully prices have come off a little and then get an almost new 997.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34247

Try dealers well away from London and the SE and other big centres of population and wealth. Up in Scotland and N Ireland they should be hungrier for business and may well offer you a better deal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34255

Have a friend who lives in Belfast so will get him to do some leg work at the local OPC, but can I realistically expect to achieve any level of discounting from an OPC as I had suspected I would not get a thing ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34258

In the short-ish run, I reckon you'll lose less money on a new/nearly new 997 than on a 996 at close to your £50k budget if that makes any sense, so I'd say worth stretching your budget.

Alternatively, spend less (say mid £30s privately) and get a really nice earlier facelift car. I reckon you'll find better cared-for examples via private sales/Porsche Club rather than OPCs.

I'd say that if you are concerned about resale, then think really hard about what the next buyer will want. Anything unusual, i.e. import, wrong colour, spec, whilst this may mean that you get a good car for less money than you might otherwise now, will mean that you have trouble selling on in the future.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34264

Points taken and I think this is why I am finding it hard to find the right 996 as I want a number of options which I think will be desirable to any potential next buyer.

Will keep looking for 997's but the cheapest so far (which was specced quite well and at an OPC) was £58K, maybe by Spring (I had not planned on changing the car until March time anyway when I was due to take delivery of a Cayman) the prices may have softened slightly to around the £55K mark which is not quite so much a stretch.

Have specced up a new 997 and got to £64K.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34268

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back